Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A wild run!

This is me! I never thought I would have run so many miles already! The top number is the miles I have run  since New Years, almost 50!! I think my goal for the year of 300 miles will be easily surpassed.
The lower ranking is a comparison of me and my friends just for February, so 34.7 for February alone! Running 4 times a week, following a training plan really helps the miles add up fast.

The plan for yesterday was a 3 mile run. It had been raining off and on all day, but as I drove home from work I looked at the sky and decided that I was willing to risk some sprinkles to get the run in, even if it was in the low 40*s. Within the first 100 yards of running the rain started, 50 more steps and it was hail!! I kept going though, and the hail kept falling for the next .5 mile. My poor hands were so cold and being bombarded with wind and hail - it was coming in sideways the wind was so strong! I figured running in the rain was going to up my 'badass' quotient, but I guess it doubled once the hail started falling and I kept running. I even completed my first mile at the faster end of my pace, 10:11.

I ran out for 1.5 miles and turned around to head home, the rain had subsided and when I got back to the half mile point where I had been hailed on, this is what I saw! Just beautiful! Made running in the weather that much more worthwhile. My phone died at the moment I took the picture, GPS, music and camera was too much for it I guess. So my tracker says only 2.5 miles for the day, but I assure you I ran that last half a mile without my usual music, but I knew I had to finish it, even if I didn't have my luxuries.

No comments: